Find a Shipmate :  Warsailors.com Warsailors.com

Norwegian Merchant Fleet WW II | 100 Most Recent Ship Forum Postings | Forum Tips
Find old shipmates using this forum. 
Re: DADDY CAMPBELL
Posted by: Siri (---.cpe.cableone.net)
Date: March 12, 2004 03:29PM

I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Check out the section of my website that deals with the ships captured by the various German raiders ("Victims of Atlantis", Victims of Michel", Victims of Orion" etc. etc. You'll find links to each one by going to the "Norwegian Merchant Fleet" link at the top of this page). At the beginning of each main page you'll find a list of all the ships captured by each raider, including non Norwegian ships. This will at least give you a list of possible ships he may have served on. From there you can check out the various "related links" which will give you more information on exactly where the ships were captured, that way you can narrow it down - if they were not taken in the area you mention you can start eliminating them. (He may not have been captured by a raider, of course, but it's a start). This will take you a while, but it might lead somehwere in the end.

2. You may want to contact the webmaster of the Milag website, I think he has records of all (or most) of the prisoners, and might be able to tell you which ship he was on - once you have the name of a ship, everything will get much easier to research - here's the link to the Milag site [www.milag.org]

I have several Campbells listed as being on Norwegian ships, but none that really fit the info you've given - do you have the nationality of the ship at all, would it have been a British one?

Siri

Subject Written By Posted
  your web site is great! Glenn Andersen 08/23/2003 01:02AM
  Re: your web site is great! Siri 08/23/2003 07:54AM
  DADDY CAMPBELL A Campbell 03/09/2004 10:42AM
  Re: DADDY CAMPBELL Siri 03/09/2004 12:36PM
  Re: DADDY CAMPBELL A Campbell 03/12/2004 09:25AM
  Re: DADDY CAMPBELL Siri 03/12/2004 03:29PM
  Re: DADDY CAMPBELL A Campbell 03/13/2004 08:55AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.