Find a Shipmate :  Warsailors.com Warsailors.com

Norwegian Merchant Fleet WW II | 100 Most Recent Ship Forum Postings | Forum Tips
Find old shipmates using this forum. 
Re: SS Gilbert Stuart in January, 1945 and prior months
Posted by: clancyvs (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: April 17, 2012 07:27PM

Quote:
clancyvs
I am very interested to know if anyone on this forum was on the SS Gilbert Stuart in January, 1945 and months prior to that date. I realize a person would have to be up in years to have been there but it isn't impossible. I saw the ship mentioned in another part of the forum where it said it straggled and returned to Ireland or something of that nature. What year was that?

I've gone part of the way down this road already but maybe if I post something new it will be seen and possibly will jog a memory. Does anyone remember being on a ship with Mariner James "Jimmy" Spence in 1944 or '45? He died before reaching the U.S after The SS Gilbert Stuart was attacked near Leyte in 1944 and was returning to the states. I believe that he did not die from a war injury. Maybe someone attended a maritime school with him and remembers him from there. He was from Louisiana, USA.

Subject Written By Posted
  SS Gilbert Stuart in January, 1945 and prior months clancyvs 03/01/2012 08:20PM
  Re: SS Gilbert Stuart in January, 1945 and prior months clancyvs 03/02/2012 08:00PM
  Re: SS Gilbert Stuart in January, 1945 and prior months phil morgan 03/03/2012 01:50AM
  Re: SS Gilbert Stuart in January, 1945 and prior months clancyvs 04/17/2012 07:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.