Maritime Books Market Place :  Warsailors.com Warsailors.com

Norwegian Merchant Fleet WW II | 100 Most Recent Ship Forum Postings | Forum Tips
Use this forum for selling and buying books, requesting scans from books, if you're looking for advice on where to find a book, or for any other query pertaining to maritime literature. 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Vare gamle skip
Posted by: Bruce Bolinger (---.stkn.mdsg-pacwest.com)
Date: June 01, 2005 09:07PM

I am trying to obtain a copy of the following book: "Vare gamle skip" by Leif M. Bjorkelund and E.H. Kongshavn. Tysvaer: Lokalhistorisk stiftelse, 1996. ISBN: 82-91559-02-3. The "a" in "Vare" should have a little circle over it and the "o" in "Bjorkelund" should have a slash through it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce Bolinger

Re: Vare gamle skip
Posted by: Siri (---.cpe.cableone.net)
Date: June 02, 2005 07:55AM

Bruce, it used to be available through this site [www.mamut.com] (As you can see from this page [www.mamut.com] they still have "Våre motorskip"). I believe "Våre gamle skip" is out of print, but you could try writing to them, there's contact info at the first link.

Also, I believe it's available for sail at the Maritime Museum in Stavanger (it won't be listed on their website, but you can write to them, or call them)
[www.stavanger.museum.no]

If the above fails, try writing to Hillesland Books [www.hillesland.no]

I'm not sure if any of these will ship books out of Norway though, but it's worth a try.

Siri

Re: Vare gamle skip
Posted by: Siri (---.cpe.cableone.net)
Date: June 02, 2005 08:04AM

Bruce - it IS available at the Stavanger museum, I found a dowloadable list of items for sale, and will mail it to you.

Siri

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.