Posted by: Aris
Date: December 10, 2018 12:20PM
According to Groeners' "German Warship" the russian cargo motorship LIVATHOS (ex Swedish RAPP) was requisitioned in September 1916 by the Imperial Russian Navy. In December 1917 she was under Bolshevik control and in October 1918 she was taken over by the "Whites". According to Groener that month she was returned to her owners.
The ship was constructed in 1908 as RAPP for a Swedish firm that went bankrupt in 1910. Her sister SNAPP was sold that year to Finnish owners hoisting the Russian flag also.
Anyone knows who were the owners of LIVATHOS during 1910-1916?