Re: M/S Havbraut
Posted by: Roger W Jordan
Date: November 12, 2001 09:23AM
HAVBRAUT was built by Clare Shipbuilding Co Ltd at Meteghan, Nova Scotia, and completed in November 1944 as ADMIRAL POUND. She was sold to Norway in 1947 and renamed HAVBRAUT. She was 294 grt, 109 nrt, 140 ft in length, 27.33 feet breadth and 14.5 feet draught (draft). She was fitted with an 8-cylinder diesel engine made by National Supply Co of Springfield. Her hull was of wood. According to Lloyd's Register she had a Lloyd's Register class from Dec 1952 "for fishing purposes, also for the carriage of light cargoes".
Hope this is useful.
Roger W Jordan